An iconic pre-university school for the past 25 years, Mark Twain International School joins the world's elite schools in providing our students today with the best preparation for the demanding world of tomorrow.
Mark Twain International School, IB World School, offers students between 2-18 years of age the International Baccalaureate excellence programs, in English and in the bilingual system (English-Romanian). The three International Baccalaureate study programs form a special pre-university continuum, promoting, from the earliest age, a holistic and ultra-modern education.
Our students learn in an international, multicultural, student-centered, attractive environment that gives them security, and, at the same time, independence and freedom of action and that stimulates their desire to decipher the world around them.
Mark Twain IS is distinguished by:
• multiple national/international accreditations
• performing study programs
• successful promotions
• exceptional academic, artistic, sporting and social involvement results
• excellent passability in the national/international baccalaureate exams
• graduates who go to major universities around the world
• optimal number of students compared to the number of teachers
• focus on the professional development of teaching staff.
Mark Twain IS operates near Baneasa Forest, on two spacious campuses including outdoor play spaces, gardens, soccer field, basketball court, swimming pool, walkways, inner courtyards and parking spaces.
In total: 9 Buildings, 16,000m2, 6000m2 constructed, 43 classrooms, 12 media and science labs, 3 music studios, 2 art studios, 3 gyms.
The school organizes a rich extracurricular program: theater, voice, choir, percussion, ballet, sports dance, zumba, karate, football, basketball, swimming, journalism, chess, international languages, advanced mathematics, robotics and programming, computer science, etc.
Mark Twain IS offers private transportation, fresh meals, cooked in its own kitchens, round-the-clock medical assistance, school counseling.
Mark Twain IS provides a positive and productive learning atmosphere, inspiring students and generating exceptional academic, artistic, sporting and social engagement results, as well as excellence on multiple levels:
• motivated students, guided by the International Baccalaureate attributes
• Olympians at national/county level
• openness to pluralism, creativity, international understanding and demanding subjects
• student-centered teaching-learning with standards for an extreme local and global context
• exceptional passability at the International/National Baccalaureate
• graduates who go to major universities around the world.