Mark Twain International SchoolMusic Course Description
Mark Twain International School prides itself with a strong performing arts programme.
With a carefully tailored approach to music training during the PYP and MYP years at the
Mark Twain International School, whether our students choose the Music Standard Level or the Music High Level IB Course, our performing arts programme challenges young artists to become confident, skilled, versatile performers of the 21st Century.
• Strong emphasis on Music Theory;
• Aural Training;
• Bespoke Instrument Lesson;
• One-to-one Coaching Session;
• World of Music Lessons;
• Music History Lesson;
• Composition Lessons;
• Creative Workshops;
• Music Programming Workshops;
• Studio Sessions;
• Live Performing Opportunities;
• Music Diary Keeping;
• Reading, Watching and Listening Lists;
• Personalised Tutoring Sessions;
• Online Tutoring Sessions;
• Career Counselling;
• Audition Masterclasses;
• University Application Guidance;
• Constant Feedback Sessions;
• Supervised Band Practice;
• Access to Quality Musical Instruments;
• World-Class Educational Material;
• IB Musical Investigation Prep;
• Written Paper Mock Trials & Exam Prep;
• Time-management Guidance and Strategy Sessions;
• Performance Exam Planning Sessions;
• Dedicated Teachers;
• Exceptional Facilities.
What makes a good musician?
• Capacity to Self-Reflect
• A Healthy Work-Ethic
Duration of Course?
2017-2019 Exam Results: 6 out of 7 High Level
2018-2020 Exam Results: 7 out of 7 Standard Level
Soprano Ioana Macovei-Vlasceanu, Mark Twain IS Alumna, Class of 2010,
Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, BMus in Classical Voice and Masters in Music.
Mark Twain IS Alumni Who Went to Music University?
Soprano Ioana Macovei-Vlasceanu – Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London
Diana Lovin – BIMM UK
Iasmina Saraj – Signed to a Romanian Record Label
A few words from Ioana:
If you love music and are considering studying the IB Music SL or Music HL Subject at the Mark Twain International School, then these words are for you:
You’ve got this!
These two years are a definite challenge but there is no greater reward than discovering the world through the eyes of an artist.
The IB Music Course at our school offers the tools to masterfully use your instrument, give musical shape and spectacular character to world history and to gain confidence in musical analysis.
More importantly, this course will challenge you to perform fearlessly and to unleash your creativity.
In today’s ever shifting world, music and art can be a healthy source of joy and passion, a constant reminder that the world is what you make of it and that your voice matters.
Looking forward to working with you,